Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Happy New Year!!
So what is your New Year's Resolution?

I spent the entire New Years Eve starting mine:
I love photography.
It's calming, fun, never boring,
artistic. I am not the best. 
But I really enjoy it.
And it seems as though it is something I have always done. 
I spent most of my younger years behind the eye of the lens. 
I took a break, or hibernated as I put it and I am glad to be getting acquainted with my old friend.

I also started oil painting again.
Fun, creative, passionate.
I was sketching and thinking about how to get started.
Bring on the oils!
I will keep you posted on how this all turns out.

I also started a new and different blog for San Clemente.
Nothing much, just things that are going on here and there. Maybe a bit more political.
I do want to make it a bit controversial. What me stirring the pot? Never.
But what if Tim does want to run for President?
Then I would have to re-track all the crazy things that have been said. So for now I will keep it sort of tame.
I will try not to ruffle to many feathers.
Because I'm a giver. That's what I do.

Which leads me to my last NewYear's Resolution,
Trying to be a kinder, more giving and loving mother.
I think we need more of these type of women to surrond our children with.
Loving them more. Protecting them. Nurturing them. Teaching them skills.
Exemplifying the savior more. Giving more and taking less.
I am sure these are the basics to most of us,
but I just wanted to remind myself to be the best possible mother/woman that I can be.
I don't want to leave this life knowing that I could have done better.
So those are my 2011 Resolutions!
What are yours? I am dying to know!

1 comment:

  1. Your back!!! I'm so happy to read your thoughts. You are such a good writer and always get my mind thinking about things. Can't wait to see your new happenings posts. Great idea.
    I have a couple resolutions for 2011.
    1. Be a better mom, wife etc.
    2. Be your neighbor

    ReplyDelete