Monday, June 29, 2009

I never thought that I had to be a great house cleaner!

Are you a great house cleaner?
I am a great straighten upper. I usually straighten up when I have company coming, or a party to through. But, I have never been a great house cleaner or seen the need to be a great house cleaner,until we moved here.
We just moved about 3 weeks ago and I immediately feel in love.
It has a great floor plan with lots of storage, big rooms, single story and a laundry inside.
This is new for me, because the laundry has always been in the garage.
Anyway, here is where I am going with this. This house is kind of a through far to all other little streets and the beach.So it won't come as a surprise to know that people stop by all the time.
And I seems like I have this big sign out side the front door that says,
"Yes, Heather is here and she will listen too all and solve most of your problems. Anytime. Free."
Now I am not saying this so all my friends say,
"Hey Heather hates it when people stop and tell her drama."
Not true. I really like it when people come by and hang out.
But this leads me back to my first point, which is I am not a great house cleaner,
not late at night on a Saturday or early in the morning on a Sundays.
So if you come on by and are going to bring your drama, or somebody else's drama,
don't judge me on the cleanliness of my house. It is hard keeping it clean with all these kids. And since it is summertime it seems even harder to keep it clean, minute to minute. Right?!
But I love hearing all the sagas of peoples lives. And I think most people single me out. Like I have a this thing on my head that says, "Tell me everything!"
It happens all the time...at church, at the girls school, at the beach, even at the grocery stores.
It is a strange thing for those that it doesn't happen too.
If I am hanging out with a friend at a store, someone always comes up and starts talking.
When they are finished and sort of walk away, my friend will say,
"Do you know that person?"
"No." I just smile.
Interestingly enough, my sisters have the same thing happen to them too. I am convinced that I should have been a therapist, or started a web site that says,
"Tell me all your crap!" Hum. Great idea.
So yesterday a friend decided to stop by early Sunday morning. I was still in pjs.
I also woke up with one of those terrible headaches and she decided today was the day to tell all.
I tried to give out the best possible answers that I had in my non functioning brain. And we were standing in the kitchen and the dishes were stacked high in the sink. She didn't comment, but the look was everything! Maybe it was all in my head. But she has a house cleaner. I had a house cleaner come to my house once and for the first hour I stood there and heard and helped her with all her problems. I am not joking. I'll never do that again!
So come one, come all. Tell me everything.
Just don't hate me for being a bad house cleaner.
Dr. Heather the therapist is in!

6 comments:

  1. Whatever, your house is always clean. I have never seen your house so dirty that it warrants a nasty look. But, I'm kind of used to chaos, so maybe I just didn't notice. I want a post about all the drama going on... what's so important that that lady had to swing by early on a Sunday!? Is she doing drugs, is her husband, or did her daughter come out of the closet....oh, is her husband having an affair with her drug dealer? Spill it lady!


    Side note: Seriously, you need to proof read your crap before you hit that post button. I had a hard time understanding this, it was almost like a different language.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so heather...i have this rash thingy near my bootie that i'd like for you to check out. it sounds like you have all the answers.

    no but for real. i really am a GREAT cleaner, too good. i even cleaned someone's house for a living when jake was a baby i was THAT good. SOOO good that i don't EVER do it to my own house. hardly ever. the problem with me is that I'm SOOOO particular and detailed with my cleaning that it drives me insane to clean because it's never perfect ENOUGH. I keep seeing small things that irritate me so i keep cleaning which ends up making the whole one day cleaning chore turn into like FIVE days. i hate it. so i don't do it.

    then my fake dad gets all annoyed because some crap about he works all day and me being the stay at home mom should be able to handle these jobs..blah blah blah...whatever that means.

    so then on his days off he goes on ultra mega man cleaning spree and starts ordering all the children around with toilet wands and pine sol and in like less than an hour the house is clean. so it works for me, because it gets done and i don't have to do it.

    anywho. you asked. so there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen the sign on your head but for some reason you let off this feeling of total honesty and so when people see you they think you will help them out and tell them exactly what they want to hear...which you do, b/c you always know the right things to say. You validate people and make them feel not so crazy. I always feel better after spilling my guts to you b/c you are always on my team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL ... you are more gracious than I ... unless you happen to be a VERY close and trusted friend ... you won't make it through my front door ... I'm the WORST house cleaner ever ... I'm not even very good at the straightening thing, so if people are coming to visit me ... they have to give me a bit of warning ... or they will stand on my front porch and talk. :) I've not been to your house, but with your looks, smile and wonderful personality ... who in the heck cares what your place looks like! You're just plain amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, I commend you for even answering the door early on Sunday. I too straighten and pick up, and the only real cleaning happens in the kitchen and bathroom.

    My thought:
    Someday it'll be clean, when all my sweet little ones are gone, and then I'll desperately wish their were toys or various other messes to clean up. That also makes kinda want to cry. So for now I just enjoy the mess.

    Since there isn't much I can do about it anyway!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom is the same way, people tell her everything, even strangers in the store. Maybe it runs in the family!
    Your house was clean the other day when we stopped by!

    ReplyDelete