Thursday, July 16, 2009


If you can't beat them join them!


I have heard pretty good things about this series...
anybody heard of them?



Have you read them?

We read the first two books with the girls and then proceeded to watch all the movies within about a weeks time.
People can't believe that I haven't read them. And to be totally honest I haven't for a couple of reasons...
1st: I have never been a wizard/sorcery book type of girl.
2nd: I never been the type of girl to do everything everyone else is doing.
I do things on my own time.

But maybe now that everyone else is over the hype, I should read them, besides there is nothing I am really interested in reading right now.
I love to read though...and everything else suffers when I pick up a good book.
Tim thinks it will take me forever because he know that they are just not really my type of book.

But today I have decided to finish the series.
If you don't hear from me again, come looking for me.
I most likely will be holed up in my room...
unshowered, crazy hair, unbrushed teeth, eating red licorice with big wide eyes!
I am off to read.
See you in a few weeks...
alright I blog about it.
Just because you asked so nicely!

4 comments:

  1. honestly i'm like you. i neer read them OR watched ANY of the boring movies. bleck.

    i've never read twilight either...never will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read them because Ben loves them. I don't mind them. We're going to see the movie tomorrow night. I really don't like the movies nearly as much as the books. Hopefully this one isn't as bad as I think it will be. We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica's lame and illiterate, it's not especially flattering to be compared to her. Anyway, I love the Harry Potter books, but the Twilight series was just a time killer. I didn't appreciate it as much as everyone else. Let me know when you come up for air, my sister leaves tomorrow so I'll finally have time for you....aren't you lucky :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put off reading them for a long time as well ... from my viewpoint as a writer I am very impressed with how fast the story moves for me ... can't speak for anyone else. ... I've never been the wizard type either, but just from the storytelling aspect I liked the books ... I was actually glad I waited, because by the time I read them the last book had just hit the bookstores, so I didn't have to wait the year or two between. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete