Tuesday, April 27, 2010


What. Has it really been another year. Here is what I am up too...

First- We have 3 Girls in school and I am up running them around to and from events and I am the room mom this year which was crazy to do because.. hello I have 4 kids! But I love having a party and sugar is the only thing that I live on, so I thought that this would be a no brainier for me. Right. That was after they decided to implement a no-sugar policy at school. What the?! I have been debating whether or not to fight the district on this one. Don't be surprised if this is my new "Ralph's Project". Seriously, what was I thinking? If I talk about doing this again next year, shoot me!

Second-We have been extremely busy with Phoenix's speech therapy"school". Which we go to twice a week. And I have been on time too, which even surprises me. Say with English dialect..."Can you spare some change for my ElecTric Shock TherApy?" Everytime I drop Phx off a her "school" I think of this statment. One of my favorite moments in Camden, England from a very long time ago. If you have any questions about that ask Hollie she was there. Probably my next favorite was a political discussion with a guy at a bus stop in which he ended up chucking produce at us. Two Ballard's together arguing politics= good times.

Third- I don't know if you missed it but I finally won my Tennis Wimbledon playoffs, I was pretty amazing. Didn't you see it....Wait...Are you laughing? I think that I can here you all the way over here. I think in my next life I want to come back as a tennis pro, can't I order that? Which religion is that by the way? Maybe just in case I should get baptized in that religion too. Hmm. So I have become an even bigger fan of tennis. I am passionate and if I were 10 all over again, I would tell me, "Love it and become the best at tennis and maybe one day you could be great." So in the mean time I play about 3 times a week and I torture Sky and Kiki with endless lessons too and live vicariously through them in their successes with playing.

Fourth- Friends, Family and Fun! I love having good friendships. Hanging out with family and having parties. So you might be interested to know that I have almost totally keep my New Year's Resolution, which was having a party free year. No way! Is probably what you are thinking...and yes, it has been hard. Especially with all those 40% off coupons at Micheal's. And I have been doing the girls birthday's pretty mellow so far this year with only family in attendance. I am trying not to go over board. It is hard to imagine I know. And even by world standards these were simple parties. But it can get very overwhelming at times doing every birthday, holiday, blessing, baptism, baby shower, wedding shower, anniversary, reunion, you name it, fart cross wise and I would put a party with it. I think I was putting on a party at least 2-3 times per month. And I could tell the look on Tim's face when he would walk through the door and I would be starting a new party idea, it look something like this $$$. So for now I am resting the habit, and I feel great... Relaxed actually.

Fifth- No new drama to report. It started off a bit rocky and then I decided to tighten up friendships and stay clear of trouble makers. There everywhere apparently. But it was tiring too. I decided to be more in tune with my inner voice and listen to it. Reading people has become easier and so now I just stay clear of dumb people. And no its not you if you are reading this, please don't leave me messages thinking its you. Because it probably is, but I am not going to ever tell you. Just stop being dumb is all I have to say about that.

So that is life in the past few month's since we have talked.
I have missed blogging and I would love to here from you all.
I know quite a few of you have discovered facebook,
and so that has taken time away from blogging.
But I think I am going to mix it up a bit and start posting again.
I know you are all thrilled.
I am back...




2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the blog world! I like your posts, they make me laugh. Maybe we could do the beach again in June before we officially move. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM thrilled because you are an amazing writer, which, may I remind you, was your initial draw to blogging. And if I remember correctly not a perk to the facebook short phrases you write on walls. Anyways. Please write more. I feel so uplifted and educated by you. You inspire me and I love your guts!

    ReplyDelete