Sunday, August 23, 2009


Beautiful San Clemente...

Here are a few pictures that were taken early in the morning for our Concordia
Elementary School Calendar. It's a funny story actually...
My friend emailed and asked me if I could take some pictures around San Clemente.
I said sure and then proceeded to procrastinate as always. She had given me a couple of weeks to do this too. It wasn't like she was giving me a days notice.


Tim and I went to a local art fair to walk around with the girls
and there I gathered some ideas of what I would love to see in frames around my house.

Then I waited until the last minute as always.
Finished another Harry Potter book.
Dealt with Church drama.
Watched my friend deal with my neighbor drama.
I have totally lost my spark to fight by the way.
This does not make me happy with myself.
I am Irish-German.
We usually look for reasons to fight.

Anyway,
The morning of the day that she wanted these pictures I woke up a 5:45am
Headed down to the beach...only to find out that my camera battery wasn't charged.
So, I drove home. Found my little point and shoot, Coolpix.
And these are a sample of what I came up with.
I have been all over the world and am happy to say that besides all the drama,
that tends to find me.
I love it here.
Breath taking.

6 comments:

  1. Those are good, Heather. I think that you need to take my family pictures.... someday. My favorites are the second and the last ones. They are gorgeous!

    Don't worry, stick around me and you will find your "spark to fight." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics. You guys did an AWESOME job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEATHER! Those are fantastic. You always take good ones. Concordia picked a good photographer. And they'll save money on you since you don't even use a fancy 50lb camera. Nice work sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics, SAn Clemente is a great place. I love the pic with you and the girls on the sand too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. why aren't ur blog updates showing up in my dashboard anymore??? so sorry i've been MIA, i just assumed u weren't blogging. dangit.

    lovely lovely pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are fantastic pics! I can't believe that was with a point and shoot. You missed your calling. I love living in California. Everyone should move here and then we won't have to drive to Utah anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete