Friday, April 10, 2009

Village Courtyard "Dear Mayor. I am a long time resident in San Clemente. I am so saddened by its over growth, particularly the structure that is in proposal in being built, The Ralph's Shopping center in our cute, quiet simple part of town. With so many oversize buildings being approved and so many built and not being filled, I often wonder if the greed of certain business men are turning our Village by the Sea into some thing unrecognizable?! Or course I like many others would love a new Ralph's to shop at. But at what cost? Are we going to turn around in ten years time and wonder why we would build such a huge monster that is completely empty. There are examples of this all around town. I have been in this town in the recession of the early 1980's and in 1992. And I understand that change must happen for growth, I don't believe however that building this monster is going to help bring new business. Please help us keep our Village by the Sea beautiful and historical. I am sure that Ole Hansen himself would not approve such a monster. Thank you so much for listening." -Heather
"Hi Heather. The proposed update of the existing Ralph's grocery store on Camino Real is part of a larger project called The Village Courtyards. The project was recently approved by the Planning Commission and is scheduled to appear on the City Council Agenda April 21. The city website offers background on the project Click Here. Thanks for writing." -Lori

2 comments:

  1. Dang it! That is NOT the response we are looking for. You go, fight and win sister. I wish you the best and wish I was there to picket with you. Maybe you should go take a photo of the already there, empty smaller Ralph's. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo, Ralph won. Dang him!

    ReplyDelete